Dr Atif Ahmad
- Information Security Management
Dr Atif Ahmad CPP is interested in how organisations practice Information Security Management. Over the last fifteen years Dr Ahmad has developed innovative security practices in strategy, risk, culture, governance, training and policy. He is particularly interested in how organisations can protect their competitively sensitive knowledge from leakage and how they can effectively learn from past security incidents.
- Horne CA, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Organisational Information Security Strategy: Review, Discussion and Future Research. Australasian Journal of Information Systems. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2017, Vol. 21.
- Horne C, Ahmad A, Maynard S. A Theory on Information Security. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Shedden P, Ahmad A, Smith M, Tscherning H, Scheepers R. Asset identification in information security risk assessment: A business practice approach. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. Association for Information Systems. 2016, Vol. 39, Issue 1.
- Naseer H, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Business analytics in information security risk management: The contingent effect on security performance. 24th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2016. 2016.
- Naseer H, Shanks G, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Enhancing Information Security Risk Management with Security Analytics: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Webb J, Ahmad A, Maynard S, Shanks G. Foundations for an Intelligence-driven Information Security Risk-management System. Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application. JITTA. 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 3.
- Arregui DA, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Mitigating BYOD Information Secuirty Risks. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Agudelo CA, Bosua R, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Mitigating Knowledge Leakage Risk in Organizations through Mobile Devices: A Contextual Approach. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Richardson M, Bosua R, Clark K, Webb J, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Privacy and the Internet of Things. Media and Arts Law Review. LexisNexis Butterworths. 2016, Vol. 21.
- Caron X, Bosua R, Maynard S, Ahmad A. The Internet of Things (IoT) and its impact on individual privacy: An Australian perspective. COMPUTER LAW & SECURITY REVIEW. Elsevier Advanced Technology. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 1.
- Ahmad A, Maynard S, Shanks G. A case analysis of information systems and security incident responses. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 6.
- Elyas M, Ahmad A, Maynard S, Lonie A. Digital forensic readiness: Expert perspectives on a theoretical framework. COMPUTERS & SECURITY. Elsevier Advanced Technology. 2015, Vol. 52.
- Zurita H, Maynard S, Ahmad A. Evaluating the Utility of Research Articles for Teaching Information Security Management. 26th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of South Australia. 2015.
- Ahmad A, Tscherning H, Bosua R, Scheepers R. Guarding against the erosion of competitive advantage: A knowledge leakage mitigation model. 2015 International Conference on Information Systems: Exploring the Information Frontier, ICIS 2015. 2015.
- Maynard S, Lim JS, Ahmad A, Chang S. Information Security Culture: Towards an Instrument for Assessing Security Management Practices. International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism. IGI Global. 2015, Vol. 5, Issue 2.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile