Dr Timothy Miller
- Artificial intelligence (Intelligent agents and multi-agent systems)
- Modelling and simulation of complex systems (Simulation of economic markets)
- Software Engineering
Dr Tim Miller is a senior lecturer (equivalent to assistant professor) in the Department of Computing and Information Systems at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Miller received his PhD in 2005 from the University of Queensland. He spent four years at the University of Liverpool, UK, as a software engineer and postdoctoral researcher associate in the Agent ART group. In 2008, he moved to Melbourne to take up his current post. Tim's primary interest lies in the area of software engineering for intelligent systems, especially multi-agent systems, and modelling and simulation using intelligent agents. For recognition of his hard work in successfully implementing problem-based learning in much of his teaching, In 2011, Tim received an Excellence in Teaching award from the Melbourne School of Engineering, which complemented his Excellence in Teaching awards from the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in 2009 and 2011.
- Von Der Osten FB, Kirley M, Miller T. Anticipatory stigmergic collision avoidance under noise. Proceedings of the 2014 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO). ACM Press. 2014.
- Abushark Y, Thangarajah J, Miller T, Harland J. Checking Consistency of Agent Designs Against Interaction Protocols for Early-Phase Defect Location. International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS). ACM Press. 2014.
- Pfau J, Miller T, Sonenberg E. Modelling and Using Common Ground in Human-agent Collaboration during Spacecraft Operations. Proceedings of SpaceOps 2014 Conference. 2014.
- . Tools for Participation: Intergenerational Technology Design for the Home. International Journal of DesignINTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DESIGN. National Taiwan University. 2014, Vol. 8, Issue 2.
- Miller T, McBurney P. Efficient storage and retrieval in agent protocol libraries using subsumption hierarchies. Multiagent and Grid SystemsMultiagent and Grid Systems. IOS Press. 2013, Vol. 9, Issue 2.
- Padgham L, Zhang Z, Thangarajah J, Miller T. Model-Based Test Oracle Generation for Automated Unit Testing of Agent Systems. IEEE Transactions on Software EngineeringIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2013, Vol. 39, Issue 9.
- Mendoza A, Miller T, Pedell S, Sterling L. The role of users’ emotions and associated quality goals on appropriation of systems: two case studies. Information Systems: Transforming the Future. AISel. 2013.
- Haidry S, Miller T. Using Dependency Structures for Prioritization of Functional Test Suites. IEEE Transactions on Software EngineeringIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2013, Vol. 39, Issue 2.
- Miller T, Strooper P. A case study in model-based testing of specifications and implementations. Software Testing, Verification and ReliabilitySoftware Testing, Verification and Reliability. John Wiley & Sons. 2012, Vol. 22, Issue 1.
- Miller T, Nui J. An assessment of strategies for choosing between competitive marketplaces. Electronic Commerce Research and ApplicationsElectronic Commerce Research and Applications. Elsevier BV. 2012, Vol. 11, Issue 1.
- Miller T, Pedell S, Sterling L, Vetere F, Howard S. Understanding socially oriented roles and goals through motivational modelling. Journal of Systems and SoftwareJournal of Systems and Software. Elsevier. 2012, Vol. 85, Issue 9.
- Miller T, Pedell S, Sterling L, Lu B. Engaging stakeholders with agent-oriented requirements modelling. 11th International Workshop on Agent-Oriented Software Engineering XI, AOSE 2010. SpringerLink. 2011.
- Lopez-Lorca A, Beydoun G, Sterling L, Miller T. Ontology-mediated validation of software models. Information Systems Development - Business Systems and Services: Modeling and Development. Springer. 2011.
- Miller T, McBurney P. Propositional Dynamic Logic for Reasoning about First-Class Agent Interaction Protocols. Computational IntelligenceComputational Intelligence. Elsevier. 2011, Vol. 27, Issue 3.
- Pedell S, Miller T, Sterling L, Vetere F, Howard S. Substantiating Agent-Based Quality Goals for Understanding Socio-Technical Systems. Advanced Agent Technology, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag. 2011, Vol. 7068.
Level: 06 Room: 6.09
Doug Mcdonell Building, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83441318
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile