Professor Graeme Shanks
- Information Systems Management (Data Quality, Business Analytics)
Graeme Shanks is a Professorial Fellow in the Department of Computing and Information Systems in the Melbourne School of Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Shanks completed his PhD in information systems at Monash University in 1997. He was previously Associate Dean (Research) in the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University. Prior to becoming an academic, he spent several years working as a programmer/analyst and project leader in several large Australian organisations. He has published the outcomes of his research in more than 200 refereed papers in journals including MIS Quarterly, Journal of Information Technology, Information Systems Journal, Information & Management, Journal of the AIS, Electronic Commerce Research, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Information Systems, Behaviour and Information Technology, Communications of the AIS, Communications of the ACM, and Requirements Engineering. Graeme was a member of the Australian Research Council College of Experts (2004-2005). He is a senior editor of the Journal of Information Technology and a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Database Management and the Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
- management and impact of information systems
- business analytics
- enterprise architecture
- data quality and conceptual modeling
- Cullen S, Shanks G, Davern M, Wilcocks L. A Framework for Relationships in Outsourcing: Contract Management Archetypes. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2017.
- Galliers RD, Newell S, Shanks G, Topi H. Datification and its human, organizational and societal effects: The strategic opportunities and challenges of algorithmic decision-making. Journal of Strategic Information Systems. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue 3.
- Asadi Someh I, Wixom B, Davern M, Shanks G. Enablers and Mechanisms: Practices for Achieving Synergy with Business Analytics. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2017.
- Price R, Shanks G. A semiotic information quality framework: Development and comparative analysis. Enacting Research Methods in Information Systems: Volume 3. 2016.
- Asadi Someh I, Shanks G. Emergence of Business Value from Complementary Interactions between Informational and Transactional IT systems. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2016, Vol. 20.
- Naseer H, Shanks G, Ahmad A, Maynard S. Enhancing Information Security Risk Management with Security Analytics: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective. 27th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS). University of Wollongong. 2016.
- Asadi Someh I, Breidbach C, Davern M, Shanks G. Ethical implications of big data analytics. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Webb J, Ahmad A, Maynard S, Shanks G. Foundations for an Intelligence-driven Information Security Risk-management System. Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application. JITTA. 2016, Vol. 17, Issue 3.
- Asadi Someh I, Frampton K, Davern M, Shanks G. The role of synergy in using enterprise architecture for business transformation. 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). 2016.
- Cosic R, Shanks G, Maynard S. A business analytics capability framework. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2015, Vol. 19.
- Ahmad A, Maynard S, Shanks G. A case analysis of information systems and security incident responses. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT. Pergamon. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 6.
- Rivera DS, Shanks G. A Dashboard to Support Management of Business Analytics Capabilities. JOURNAL OF DECISION SYSTEMS. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2015, Vol. 24, Issue 1.
- Ong K-L, Alahakhoon D, Shanks G. Editorial for the Special Issue on Business Analytics Applications. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS. University of Canberra, School of Information Sciences and Engineering. 2015, Vol. 19.
- Frampton K, Shanks G, Tamm T, Kurnia S, Milton S. Enterprise Architecture Service Provision: Pathways to value. ECIS 2015 Research in Progress. 2015.
- Tamm T, Seddon P, Shanks G, Reynolds P, Frampton K. How an Australian Retailer Enabled Business Transformation Through Enterprise Architecture. MIS QUARTERLY EXECUTIVE. Accounting and Information Systems Department, Indiana University. 2015, Vol. 14, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile