Associate Professor Udaya Parampalli
- Network Security and Cryptography, Sequences, Coding theory (Secure protocols,)
Dr Udaya Parampalli was born in the Udupi district of Karnataka, India. He received the BEng degree from Mysore University in 1985 and the MTech and PhD degrees from Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T), Kanpur, in 1986 and 1993, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. He was a research scholar at I.I.T, Kanpur from 1985 to 1991. From 1992 to July 1996, he was a Member Research Staff at Central Research Laboratory, Bangalore. From 1997 to 2002, he was an ARC Research Associate at the Department of Mathematics, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Since February 2000, he has been working in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Melbourne, Australia, currently as a Senior Lecturer. In 2008, he was a visiting professor at Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Canada.
His research interests are in the area of cryptography and sequences over finite fields and rings for communications and information security.
- Luo R, Parampalli U. *Self-Dual Cyclic Codes over Z(4) + uZ(4). 7th International Workshop on Signal Design and Its Applications in Communications (IWSDA). Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. E100A, Issue 4.
- Han H, Peng D, Parampalli U, Ma Z, Liang H. Construction of low-hit-zone frequency hopping sequences with optimal partial Hamming correlation by interleaving techniques. DESIGNS CODES AND CRYPTOGRAPHY. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2017, Vol. 84, Issue 3.
- Han H, Peng D, Parampalli U. New sets of optimal low-hit-zone frequency-hopping sequences based on m-sequences. CRYPTOGRAPHY AND COMMUNICATIONS-DISCRETE-STRUCTURES BOOLEAN FUNCTIONS AND SEQUENCES. Springer Verlag. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Huang K, Parampalli U, Xian M. On Secrecy Capacity of Minimum Storage Regenerating Codes. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017, Vol. 63, Issue 3.
- Yan Q, Parampalli U, Tang X, Chen Q. Online Coded Caching With Random Access. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 3.
- Sun S-F, Gu D, Parampalli U, Yu Y, Qin B. Public key encryption resilient to leakage and tampering attacks. JOURNAL OF COMPUTER AND SYSTEM SCIENCES. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 89.
- Raghavan S, Parampalli U. Re-engineering simultaneous Internet sessions process-separated browsers. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2017, Vol. Part F126226.
- Kojima T, Tang X, Parampalli U. Special Section on Signal Design and Its Applications in Communications FOREWORD. IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER SCIENCES. Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. E100A, Issue 4.
- Sun S, Parampalli U, Yuen TH, Yu Y, Gu D. Efficient completely non-malleable and RKA secure public key encryptions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). Springer Verlag. 2016, Vol. 9723.
- Sun S, Gu D, Liu JK, Parampalli U, Yuen TH. Efficient Construction of Completely Non-Malleable CCA Secure Public Key Encryption. 11th ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIA CCS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Caneleo PIS, Jagathamma Mohan L, Parampalli U, Harwood A. On improving recovery performance in erasure code based geo-diverse storage clusters. 12th International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN). IEEE. 2016. Editors: Chemouil P, Pattavina A, Gourdin E, Secci S.
- Gambhir B, Parampalli U. Personally controlled & privacy preserving medication management system. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. 2016, Vol. 01-05-February-2016.
- Huang K, Parampalli U, Xian M. Security Concerns in Minimum Storage Cooperative Regenerating Codes. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 62, Issue 11.
- Kamada K, Kojima T, Parampalli U. Tone Code : A Novel Method for Covert Communications Based on Musical Components. 3rd International Symposium on Information Theory and Its Applications (ISITA). IEEE. 2016.
- Li J, Tang X, Parampalli U. A Framework of Constructions of Minimal Storage Regenerating Codes With the Optimal Access/Update Property. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2015, Vol. 61, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile