Dr Eduardo Velloso
Eduardo Velloso is a Lecturer in the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. He was previously a Research Fellow at the Microsoft Research Centre for Social Natural User Interfaces. Eduardo holds a PhD in Computer Science from Lancaster University and a Bachelor in Computer Engineering from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro. His research aims at creating future social user experiences combining novel input modalities such as gaze, body movement, touch gestures, etc. His latest work has investigated eye-based interaction with smart watches, multimodal combinations of gaze, and eye control of video games.
- Velloso E, Carter M, Newn J, Esteves A, Clarke C, Gellersen H. Motion Correlation: Selecting Objects by Matching Their Movement. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTER-HUMAN INTERACTION. Association for Computing Machinery. 2017, Vol. 24, Issue 3.
- Velloso E, Wirth M, Weichel C, Esteves A, Gellersen H. AmbiGaze: Direct Control of Ambient Devices by Gaze. 11th ACM SIGCHI Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Kowsar Y, Moshtaghi M, Velloso E, Kulik L, Leckie C. Detecting unseen anomalies in weight training exercises. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Dynamically Exposing Gaze to Foster Playful Experiences in Multiplayer Gameplay. CHI Play 2016 Designing for Emotional Complexity in Games Workshop. 2016.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Exploring the Effects of Gaze Awareness on Multiplayer Gameplay. 3rd ACM SIGCHI Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Velloso E. Game Controller Research from the Lab into the Wild: The Case of Eye Tracking. 2016 DiGRA Australia National Conference. 2016.
- Newn J, Velloso E, Carter M, Vetere F. Multimodal Segmentation on a Large Interactive Tabletop: Extending Interaction on Horizontal Surfaces with Gaze. ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Carter M, Velloso E, Downs J, Sellen A, O'Hara K, Vetere F. PathSync: Multi-User Gestural Interaction with Touchless Rhythmic Path Mimicry. 34th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI4GOOD). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Cox T, Carter M, Velloso E. Public DisPLAY: Social games on interactive public screens. 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (OzCHI). 2016.
- Velloso E, Carter M. The Emergence of EyePlay: A Survey of Eye Interaction in Games. 3rd ACM SIGCHI Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY). Association for Computing Machinery Inc.. 2016.
- Clarke C, Bellino A, Esteves A, Velloso E, Gellersen H. TraceMatch: A computer vision technique for user input by tracing of animated controls. ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing. 2016.
- Velloso E, Turner J, Alexander J, Bulling A, Gellersen H. An empirical investigation of gaze selection in mid-air gestural 3D manipulation. 15th IFIP TC.13 International Conference on Human–Computer Interaction (INTERACT). Springer Verlag. 2015, Vol. 9297.
- Velloso E, Oechsner C, Sachmann K, Wirth M, Gellersen H. Arcade+: A platform for public deployment and evaluation of multi-modal games. 2015 Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHIPLAY). 2015.
- Jeong H, Saakes D, Lee U, Esteves A, Velloso E, Bulling A, Masai K, Sugiura Y, Ogata M, Kunze K, Inami M, Sugimoto M, Rathnayake A, Dias T. Demo Hour. interactions. ACM Press. 2015, Vol. 23, Issue 1.
- Velloso E, Fleming A, Alexander J, Gellersen H. Gaze-supported gaming: MAGIC techniques for first person shooters. 2015 Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHIPLAY). 2015.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile